Many musicians love performing live, but just don’t know how to go about booking gigs.
Here’s what you should do before you start looking for gigs to set yourself and your band up for success.
1) Have Your Music in Digital Format
Make sure you have your best songs available digitally, and in high quality. Have files available in .wav format and in mp3.
2) Make Sure You Have A Strong and Active Online Presence
You should have a website so other professionals will take you seriously. Your website should be intuitive and easy to navigate. Make sure you include
- A homepage
- About us page
- Contact page
- Page to Buy your music products and merchandise
- Live events schedule
- Photo gallery
- Electronics press kit
- Social network sharing icons (Twitter, Facebook, Google+ etc)
- Opt in form to build an email list so you can keep in touch with your fans and let them know when you’re music is available for sale etc.
3) Connect with and Build A Fanbase
Build and grow your fanbase. The more fans you have, the easier it will be to book and sell out your gigs. In addition to spreading the word about your music and band via social media, attend concerts, festivals, and conferences etc. to get the word out about your band.
Click here for more information.